Pages Issue Please help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Nitro1, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Nitro1 macrumors 6502

I am trying to type in pages and i can not see the text. I have tried changing the text color and it changes but does not appear as the color it should. It also does this in Numbers. I have wiped my computer and just tried it again and still it is not visible. I can see it if i highlight it but that is it.

What do i DO.

I have never seen this before and i do not even know what to search for in the way of an answer.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Can you open another document and see those words?

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. mbestel macrumors member

Numlock?

I don't suppose that you have accidentally turned your numlock on?

4. Nitro1 thread starter macrumors 6502

What do you mean. If i copy and paste do you mean?????

5. Nitro1 thread starter macrumors 6502

I do not have numlock. But the text is there but not visible. If i highlight the text it can be seen in the highlighted color. BUt this seems to only be in iWork.

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

No, I mean can you open a previous document you created that has words in it and see them?

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

7. Nitro1 thread starter macrumors 6502

No i can not, I opened a document from my macbook pro and it is not visible. It is there but not visible.

8. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

Two things you may not have done.

First, use the Mac OS 10.6.2 combo update. This fixes a problem with the Hoefler Text font that is not fixed using the delta update (10.6.1 > 10.6.2).

Second, make sure your iWork applications are updated. For iWork '08 that is Pages 3.0.3 & Numbers 1.0.3. For iWork '09 it's Pages 4.0.2 & Numbers 2.0.2. iWork '09 has since had update 3. If you're not running the latest versions & Software Update says your software is up to date, make sure the applications are where the installer initially put them. The updaters are very picky. If the location is not where the updater is programmed to look or if the folder doesn't have the name the updater looks for, it will not work. The applications cannot be renamed or moved. They must be in the iWork '08 or iWork '09 folder in Applications. That iWork folder must be named iWork '08 or iWork '09. If it doesn't have the '08 or '09 Software Update won't find them & the updaters won't work.

9. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

If it was me, I would try deleting these files and restarting

<bootVolume>:library: preferences: com.apple.iWork09.plist

<bootVolume>:Users:<userAccount>:Library:preferences:com.apple.iWork.Keynote.plist
    <bootVolume>:Users:<userAccount>:Library:preferences:com.apple.iWork.Numbers.plist
    <bootVolume>:Users:<userAccount>:Library:preferences:com.apple.iWork.Pages.plist

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

10. Nitro1 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have tried a few things and i have found that the colors are all ****ed. If i select green for the text color it comes in as pink. And red is green. . I do not know but i am trying all the things you all have recommended.

11. Nitro1 thread starter macrumors 6502

How do i do this????

12. Nitro1 thread starter macrumors 6502

pics of the pages app.

the first one is with text only you can not see it

The second is the text highlighted.

Attached Files:

13. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Did you delete the files I suggested?

This is a long shot, but open the colors and check the opacity at the bottom

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

14. Nitro1 thread starter macrumors 6502

I deleted all the ones i could find. I checked the opacity and it is still messed up?????

15. Nitro1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wtf

I just ran a set of updates and i do not know what happened but it is fine now. Very weird it installed all the updates and now it works perfect. WOW that makes no sense to me. I did not do anything but some updates that must have just came out. I was fully updated before i started all this and now it works fine.

I am clueless as to what to say. I guess thank you for all the help and the quick response.

I do not know what to tell you about how it got fixed.

16. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

17. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

How do you do what?