Pages Keeps Changing t=Text Color On PDF Export

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by strider42, Aug 29, 2008.

1. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

I just started using pages, and I've really enjoyed it, but I've run into a problem that is absolutely driving me crazy. Hoping someone here has a solution.

I'm created a new version of my resume. To do so, I used the resume template for modern photographer resume. I basically reworked all of the text formatting though. I get it looking the way I want, and then I export it to a pdf file (or print to pdf, same thing happens either way). On the resulting pdf, some of the text has changed color.

As near as I can tell, it seems to happen when I add a drop shadow to the section heading. But the weird thing is, it doesn't do it on every section, just the first one. Removing the drop shadow allows it to export with no color change. The drop shadow isn't a huge deal I suppose, I did like it though. But more to the point, I want to understand why this happening. Any ideas? thanks in advance.

Edit: just noticed something else. This only happens on text blocks that are not bulleted lists. Other sections where there is abulleted list directly below the heading appear normal.

Excuse the typo in my title. not sure how I managed to get that "t=" there.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Actually, the drop shadow is a huge deal. It makes you look unprofessional. The Modern Photographer Template is sophisticated and elegant. Adding drop shadows to it did not increase its elegance.

If you insist on using drop shadows, then go through you document to ensure that all similar elements have the same formatting. You can rest assured that you problems are caused, in part, by the fact that they currently have different formats.

However, the real problem is that you got "creative" with the template. My best advice is for you to use it as is. Just add your contact information and work history.