Pages keeps crashing when iCloud is enabled after apples latest update

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by zosokm, Nov 23, 2013.

1. zosokm macrumors regular

I have the pages app for ios7 on my iphone 5 which was working very well with my iCloud documents from my mac. After the latest pages update from apple, the app keeps crashing if I enable iCloud . However if iCloud is disabled the app works fine. Has anyone else noticed this problem? Any workarounds?

2. B.Ellis, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013

B.Ellis macrumors member

Same proble???

Pages won't open on ipad air, just crashes. Reinstalled, worked once now won't open?

Anyone else?

3. zosokm thread starter macrumors regular

Now I can see the iCloud documents loading but still crashes . Tried reinstalling the app both from the App Store directly and via iTunes . Still keeps crashing . Pages essential on phone for me . Any suggestions ???

4. B.Ellis macrumors member

Pages app crash solution

Same happened to me. The problem is older documents made with pages 09 can not be opened by iOS devices. I had to open each one up in my mac and click save. It will prompt you to update it to the new format. If any document in the old format is not updated then it will crash immediately.

Hope that helps.

5. andreiru macrumors 6502

andreiru

Ipad air with iCloud keeps crashing after latest update, reinstalling doesn't help.

6. Soundhound macrumors 6502a

Pages is crashing for me when I turn on iCloud for it. Since last update I think. Definitely a bug. Apple are you listening?

7. B.Ellis macrumors member

Solution

As noted above Pages will crash immediately if there are any documents in the cloud that are not compatible, such as any made with Pages 09 on a Mac. Opening them in the updated Pages app on the Mac will ask you to update the document. Once they are ALL updated pages will open on the iPad.

8. Soundhound macrumors 6502a

How do you know which docs need to be opened and updated on the Mac?

9. zosokm thread starter macrumors regular

This solution worked for me!! I had to go into the library for mac- open the mobile documents folder and then open up each and every document stored in pages. When you try to save , you are given an option to upgrade to the latest version . Once I had opened and upgraded all the articles, they now appear on my iphone 5. This workaround has taken me a ten days . Shocking of apple to allow their own file version (the old pages 2009) to cause the application to crash. Very very disappointed...