Pages Line Graphs

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by burtonlang, Feb 5, 2009.

1. burtonlang macrumors newbie

In Pages, I need to put a line graph into a document, but I can't get it to look the way I want. Is it possible to put the labels on the y-axis, with the numbers along the x-axis? I have all the data in the graph, but it's just not oriented correctly; and the orientation in important for the class this document is for.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

3. burtonlang thread starter macrumors newbie

That worked great, thanks! However, I have another graph-related problem. The teacher this paper is for (a history teacher) has his students draw special graphs that he has made up. I was hoping that I could start typing all my homework, so I'm trying to figure out how.

The first type of graph is L-shaped, and the line-graph worked well for that. The second type, however, is somewhat cross-shaped (it looks a lot like a Cartesian plane) with a diagonal line going through it. I have no idea how I could do that. The final type is shaped like a right triangle with the right angle on the right, and the hypotenuse on the left. Any ideas?

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Pen and paper. When your profs get picky about graphs, they go all the way. Don't try to force Pages to create types of graphs that it wasn't designed to create (or that are hitherto unknown to anyone other than your professor). Doing it in Pages, you're in for a lot of work for what will probably be a fairly unsatisfying result.

5. burtonlang thread starter macrumors newbie

I realized that there is a "Shapes" menu in the toolbar, and that it looks as good as (if not better than) the same graphs drawn with a pen and paper.