Pages not displaying properly on iMAC

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mikeM247, Jun 22, 2009.

1. mikeM247 macrumors member

Hi. I have the latest versions of FF (3.5) and Safari, so it’s not a browser issue (at least i don’t THINK it is). Also, this problem started before i updated to these versions. I noticed 2-3 months ago that in websites such as YouTube, and several others, if there’s two lines of words below a thumbnail, the 2nd line of words is half-hidden, as if one could scroll down to see them. But of course there =is= nothing to scroll down *to*. IN addition, on some sites, words get superimposed on top of other words. I’ve tried doing some google research on this topic (including eliminating duplicate fonts), and have come up empty. Any suggestions? I’m using MAC OS X. Thanks for help/advice/etc. ~Mike

2. TERZI macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem with my imac. I am a newbee, and running explorer, and trying to get firefox to install now. Maybe someone will help us out! TERZI

3. mikeM247 thread starter macrumors member

That would certainly be *nice*. I just checked out a “repairing permissions” page, and ran that utillity, even though i really don’t know what i was doing...

4. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Is it a text size issue? Try adjusting the text size in your browser.

5. mikeM247 thread starter macrumors member

THIS version of Firefox doesn’t allow for text size changes, but..remember..this is an issue in BOTH browsers, Safari TOO, and the problem is there with both of them.

6. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

What version of FF won't let you change text size? :confused:

7. mikeM247 thread starter macrumors member

v3.5. It's no longer a part of the customizable toolbar options...

8. mikeM247 thread starter macrumors member

but this was a problem with the previous version of FF, too.

9. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Hmm...I'm not having a problem going through the menu to change my default text size.

But no matter - check your System Preferences to see if you have a setting limiting the minimum font size.