Pages, Numbers and iPhoto not showing as purchased.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CylonGlitch, Jul 24, 2012.

1. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I just realized. Originally when the MAS came out, Pages, Numbers, and iPhoto showed up as purchased because I had them when it was installed (I purchased iWork and iLife). This was supposed to be normal for Apple applications at that time. Now none of them are labeled as purchased, and thus not getting any updates . . . I wasn't paying attention to this, I thought I was good to go, but now I don't know.

Anyone else experiencing this?

2. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

Apps previously purchased before the Mac App Store only showed as installed for a short period of time. It's been well over a year since that was corrected. You need to use Software Update to get the updates for non-MAS-purchased Apple software.

3. CylonGlitch thread starter macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Wasn't updating that way either. I did find a solution and it works fine now. I had to copy the _MASReceipt folder to the program bundles and everything is A-OK now.

4. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

If you have moved the applications out of the iWork '09 folder or renamed anything, Software Update won't find them. Only if you purchased them from the Mac App Store should you get the updates from the MAS.