Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeoKos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2021
I have a 12 year old MacBook Pro that worked as good as new. I wanted to give it to my son and in the process I managed to erase my hard drive completely. After many, many attempts I managed to restore El Capitan and thought I was home free. It turned out that my 32 bit Microsoft Office 2011 and Apple Pages & Numbers are gone. Apple & Microsoft no longer support these programs and from them they are no longer available. Can anyone send me a link to or actual copy of Pages and Numbers that work with El Capitan? I and my son would be so appreciative.
Thanks,
Leo

Last edited:

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I didn't dig deeply into the versions available, but take a look at this page for older iWork versions. I'm unsure whether these are updates only but it's worth a look.

For your privacy, you may want to remove your email address from your post. Our MacRumors posts are not private and are accessible to the whole world. Your email address (and your full name) is readily available for spam if you post it.

Last edited:

LeoKos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2021
Those are all updates, requiring original program which I don't have and need. Thanks for trying

johnebravo

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2020
You might want to look into open source software options like Apache Open Office or Libreoffice.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
You could also consider using a browser for Google Workspace (needs a free Google account) or the online version of Microsoft Office (needs a free outlook.com account).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.