pages of buttons

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by BeanieMan, Nov 18, 2010.

1. BeanieMan macrumors regular

Hi all,

background: I'm completely new to iOS programming, but i've gotten a few basic tutorials working.

My question is the following:
    I would like the have access to lots of buttons, multiple screens worth. Is there a super easy way to do this like the home screen? I.e., there are pages of buttons, and you access the other pages by dragging left or right. I would have some numbers displayed at the top, and the buttons at the bottom, and only the buttons drag left and right (of course). I think i've seen apps just use some tabs at the bottom or something, but i don't really like that.

An explanation how to do this with interface builder would be great. Hopefully it's not very complicated, or maybe i just didn't see something in there.

Thanks.

2. cnstoll macrumors 6502

It would be pretty easy to set up the layout and parameters of the buttons using Interface Builder, you'd have to implement that swipe transition in code.

I haven't done that before but the swipe left/right sounds pretty straightforward. Take a look at this.

Basically that would make your app look for swipe gestures, and when one occurs it would call the method you specify with the selector. In that method you would right some code to transition to a new view based on the direction of the swipe.

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Or you could set up a simple paging mechanism, as seen in the PageControl sample app.

4. BeanieMan thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I think this is what i was looking for.