"Pages" printing problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Laco, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Laco macrumors 6502

I am having a problem printing with Pages. This is the problem. I create a document in Pages and then I export it to a PDF file - which looks exactly the same as the document in Pages. However, when I print this PDF document I see a few random lines on the (physical) paper which are not visible in the PDF document or in Pages. I am confused as to why this is happening. It is not a problem with my printer because it works correctly with Microsoft Word. I would really appreciate some help because I am not sure how to fix this.

2. MLinneer macrumors regular

MLinneer

Try printing to PDF in the print dialog. I could not replicate your problem with a test document, but I did notice a difference in file size between export and print PDF.

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Have you tried sending it directly as a Pages or Word document to your printer to see if you are getting the same results? Obviously something is happening when it is exported to a PDF and I have no way of telling what it could be.

I have tried at least a half dozen Pages files I have, exported them to PDF's and printed them without getting similar results to what you are getting. This is why I am offering my suggestion of trying to print it as a different type of document.