Pages - problems with Floating images but Inline doesn't do what I want

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by doweha, May 7, 2010.

1. doweha macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I'm writing my journal for university and regularly copying and pasting images into my document. The problem I'm having is that if I select the images to be 'Inline' then they center themselves in the page and do not allow themselves to be moved to where I want them. If I choose 'Floating' then I can place them perfectly where I want. However last night I added a load of text in earlier pages in the document and it has thrown everything off and my entire journal is a complete mess. I was wondering if anyone knew how I could have the images 'Floating' so I can position them perfectly, but lock them off to that location on that page, as whenever I choose 'Inline' after it centers them in the page and makes it unusable. Please help!!!

2. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

Have you opened the Inspector and checked the settings for graphics? Could be you just need to alter one.

mt

Attached Files:

3. doweha thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice, the problem is that they are shapes made from different images, boxes and lines etc. that all need to be lined up together, and the wrapping option doesn't allow you to precisely place it. Any way of doing this?

4. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

It sounds like you want inline, so the graphics stick with text, which means I don't think floating is an option.

Can you float the graphics to where you want, then group them and make them inline?

Could you create a box that envelops all your images, set it behind the images you want to view, give it no fill, and no stroke, place the other images on top where you want them, then group the bunch? Set it inline and all the images would flow with the text.

If not, maybe I'm not reading you correctly. Can you post the document, either here or PM?

mt