Pages & Save Location?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by garycurtis, Oct 14, 2013.

1. garycurtis macrumors 6502

How do you choose the location for saving a Pages document?

The User Guide talks about a Save Pop Up menu which would allow me to designate, but I don't see the pop up menu. And the program defaults to saving in 'The Cloud', which I don't want.

2. palmharbor macrumors 6502

pages

I have pages too. This is a glaring omission by the Geeks at apple.
    I guess they figured its not important for you to know where the document went its more important that you are able to hook up two monitors to
    work at the same time.....Geees how did they know?

3. Palladium macrumors member

I have a 2009 MacBook pro running 10.8.5. When I start to save a new document in any of the iWork programs (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) the default save location (Labelled "Where") is set to iCloud. However, at the right hand side of where it says iCloud are a set of up-down arrows and if you click on these, a list of locations on your computer appear. When you select one of these, you can if you wish, click on the arrow beside the suggested file name to see the full set of locations (that arrow is greyed out while iCloud is selected).
    It can be inconvenient having the default set to iCloud and I should like to hear if anyone knows how to change that but saving where you want is easy.