Pages Save Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Neotribe, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Neotribe macrumors newbie

I am trying to create a text book on Pages. I used to be able to do this no problem by using templates I created but since I upgraded to Lion I am having a problem. (I have no idea if this is caused by Lion or not.)

When I try to save a document, it now no longer gives me a "Save" option. Or "Save As" option.

Instead, it gives me one option. To "Save a Version." But it does not even allow me to change the name of the document. So it seems impossible to be able to use my template.

What am I doing wrong? I know I am missing something.:confused:

2. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

"Save As..." was replaced by "Duplicate." You can duplicate a file and then save the duplicate with a new name and location.

Pages also allows you to save actual templates, which would be a way to skip this step.

3. Neotribe thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, I will play around with that and see what happens. Seems like it is adding an extra step by having to duplicate first. Thanks for the help.

4. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

It is an unnecessary extra step, but apparently Apple feels that new computer "users" are stupid to the point that they don't know how to save files.

5. Neotribe thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay.

Yea, that works. Thanks for the advice.