Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

graphiqdezine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone had a comprehensive list of Pages templates available online?

Microsoft's only advantage IMO at this point is their vast selection of templates on their website. I have yet been unable to find such a thing via Apple.

Ideas?

Mr.Texor

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2007
have you tried google?
just google "pages templates" and you get several links..
you could also try "iwork templates"

PeggyD

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Covington, WA, USA
Microsoft's only advantage IMO at this point is their vast selection of templates on their website.

You can use Word templates in Pages, so that "vast selection" is available to you. You will need to add the .doc extension or change it from .dot to .doc, if necessary. Pages doesn't recognize .dot & won't recognize a Word file without the .doc extension.

graphiqdezine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
have you tried google?
just google "pages templates" and you get several links..
you could also try "iwork templates"

I've tried google, and it didn't really turn up much that was useful.

I also tried the iWork Community and it didn't really have much that was useful either. I did get a fax cover sheet from them tho. =)

graphiqdezine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
You can use Word templates in Pages, so that "vast selection" is available to you. You will need to add the .doc extension or change it from .dot to .doc, if necessary. Pages doesn't recognize .dot & won't recognize a Word file without the .doc extension.

Didn't know that. I suspected that since Pages didn't export to Word very well, the same was most likely true for the converse.

I'll have to try that. Thanks.

PeggyD

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Covington, WA, USA
I suspected that since Pages didn't export to Word very well

I have not had any problems with Pages documents exported to Word & opening the Word file on a Mac or a PC. Of course, if you use features that the other program doesn't have, you will have some issues.

The only "errors" I've had opening Word documents in Pages are warnings a font or two are missing or paragraph borders not being supported.

Perhaps you are thinking of the very poor export from Pages to html.

graphiqdezine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
I have not had any problems with Pages documents exported to Word & opening the Word file on a Mac or a PC. Of course, if you use features that the other program doesn't have, you will have some issues.

The only "errors" I've had opening Word documents in Pages are warnings a font or two are missing or paragraph borders not being supported.

Perhaps you are thinking of the very poor export from Pages to html.

It is more that the layouts I do in pages don't export to word well. Not to HTML for that matter.

altaprod

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2006
California
Can't open template??

I downloaded some templates from iWorkCommunity but for some reason I can't open them.

Any ideas?
:mad:

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 137

Even-O

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2008
Need more elaborate templates for pages!

I understand how to make templates in Pages and I think it's really cool, but where do you go when you want something cool to start with?

I have used up all the templates that came with the program and I've altered them in different ways, but now I need new inspiration!

iwork community templates are great if you need the most basic of basics, but what if you want something on the level of the "Green Grocery Newsletter" that comes with Pages?

I'm willing to pay!

Anyone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.