Pages template resources?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by graphiqdezine, May 15, 2007.

1. graphiqdezine macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if anyone had a comprehensive list of Pages templates available online?

Microsoft's only advantage IMO at this point is their vast selection of templates on their website. I have yet been unable to find such a thing via Apple.

Ideas?

2. Mr.Texor macrumors regular

have you tried google?
    just google "pages templates" and you get several links..
    you could also try "iwork templates"

3. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Go to the iWork Community template website. They have a whole heap of templates for free.

4. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

You can use Word templates in Pages, so that "vast selection" is available to you. You will need to add the .doc extension or change it from .dot to .doc, if necessary. Pages doesn't recognize .dot & won't recognize a Word file without the .doc extension.

5. graphiqdezine thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried google, and it didn't really turn up much that was useful.

I also tried the iWork Community and it didn't really have much that was useful either. I did get a fax cover sheet from them tho. =)

6. graphiqdezine thread starter macrumors newbie

Didn't know that. I suspected that since Pages didn't export to Word very well, the same was most likely true for the converse.

I'll have to try that. Thanks.

7. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

I have not had any problems with Pages documents exported to Word & opening the Word file on a Mac or a PC. Of course, if you use features that the other program doesn't have, you will have some issues.

The only "errors" I've had opening Word documents in Pages are warnings a font or two are missing or paragraph borders not being supported.

Perhaps you are thinking of the very poor export from Pages to html.

8. graphiqdezine thread starter macrumors newbie

It is more that the layouts I do in pages don't export to word well. Not to HTML for that matter.

9. altaprod macrumors regular

altaprod

Can't open template??

I downloaded some templates from iWorkCommunity but for some reason I can't open them.

Any ideas?
    :mad:

Attached Files:

10. Even-O macrumors newbie

Need more elaborate templates for pages!

I understand how to make templates in Pages and I think it's really cool, but where do you go when you want something cool to start with?

I have used up all the templates that came with the program and I've altered them in different ways, but now I need new inspiration!

iwork community templates are great if you need the most basic of basics, but what if you want something on the level of the "Green Grocery Newsletter" that comes with Pages?

I'm willing to pay!

Anyone?