Pages - Trouble formatting

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by and cheese, Dec 30, 2009.

1. and cheese macrumors newbie

I thought this task would be simple: I am trying to make 200 place cards for my daughter's wedding. The template looked like it was working, but when I tried a test sheet, the names were all bunched together. I tried to adjust the margins to no avail. I have used Help and Inspector diligently, following the directions, but they do not work. Here's what I need to do: have minimal margins on all four sides so that I can center the perforated place cards (6 per 8.5 x 11 sheet). But I cannot slide the margins over, nor can I click on Layout and change the outside margins of the columns to enter values in the Left and Right fields under Layout Margins. I've tried using Table and just a regular document. I'm going out of my mind. This should be SO simple. I would have been done hours ago with Word. I've been working the entire day and I virtually nothing to show for it. Not a single dang card. Help! Thank you. and cheese :eek:

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Which template are you using? It sounds as though some of the document features are locked. If you open the Inspector in Pages, click on the Layout button and see if you can modify as you need.

A very good book on Pages is "iWork 09: The Missing Manual". I've pretty much stopped using Office since 09 came out.