Pages - using two forms of lists at once

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by c073186, Oct 7, 2009.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure if this is possible... but I'm sure someone here can think of a creative solution.

So, I need to have a numbered list, (1... 2... 3... etc.) - no issue there. But aside each number, I want to have bullets. So it would like something like this

1. - text
    - text
    - text
    2. - text
    - text
    - text

Except it would look better than that because it would be bullets and not hyphens and they would line up. But hopefully you get the point.

Can this be done without headache?

2. gerabbi macrumors regular

I don't know specifically about Pages but I do believe that Omni Outliner can do this...

3. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

It can be done, though you'll need to do some extra formatting.

First, select the paragraphs you want numeric -- hold down the command key and you can select non-contiguous text -- and choose "Numbers" outline style.

Next, select the paragraphs you want bulleted -- again hold down the command key and you can select all you want to change -- and choose "Text Bullets."

You can use the Indent Level command to move them each entry one level then use the Bullet Indent and the Text Indent to manipulate the appearance.

If you were hoping to create a single outline style with numbers and bullets, I don't think it would work, but this is a real, real easy alternative.

mt

Attached Files: