Pages vs. iStudio

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Willie5566, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Willie5566 macrumors regular

Looking for a desktop publishing software and was wondering what others thought of Pages or iStudio. Thoughts on which is better and why?

2. JAdmiral, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011

JAdmiral macrumors member

I have this very same question. I'm coming from the Windows world, where I was happy with MS Publisher (price and features).

The iStudio website has some incredible examples, and it has some functionality that doesn't exist in MS Publisher, and as far as I can tell, Pages. Pages is cheaper, easier to use, but a lot less functionality. I guess it just depends on what you want to do with it.

3. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

Personally, I use Pages, but I think someone coming from Publisher might want something with built-in page imposition & clip art. A well-thought-of program is Swift Publisher from Belight Software.

4. Big Bad D macrumors regular

If you have some experience with DTP and are looking for a more fully-featured software then try Pagestream. I have used in previously on Amiga, PC and now Mac. It doesn't have the quick and easy to use templates for beginner or occasional use, but after some learning can produce very precise and professional documents.