Pages - why does it do this?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Freis968, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

I have the new version of Pages '09 and all of the documents that I open that I created with Pages '08 make me resave them in '09, or I keep getting that annoying Don't Save, Cancel and Save each time I close a document. Why does this happen?

Also, i notice that the little preview icons of the PAGES documents say PAGES on them from '08 but when I save them in Pages '09, the little inkwell blinks on the page and then the PAGES word disappears. As you can see by my attached picture, the left doc was saved with '09 and the right one has yet to be saved in '09. What is up with that?

Attached Files:

2. olliea95 macrumors regular

olliea95

Well I also have Pages '09 and it doesn't make me do this, but I assume it would be because it needs to convert the file to the new format. A little like opening a .doc file in Pages, it makes you save it as a .pages file. Again, that would be down to converting it to make it easier for Pages to understand the file.

But with the file icon issue, I have no idea - which version of OS X are you running because in 10.4 and using Pages '09 (and '08 for that matter) I get the pages icon on the document preview. See the attached picture.

Hope it helps, and clears up your problems.

Attached Files:

3. Freis968 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Freis968