Pages with iWork '08 (Problem adding Header/Footer)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by danando, May 18, 2009.

1. danando macrumors newbie

Hi there,

This may be a ridiculously stupid question, but for the life of me I can't figure out whats wrong!

I'm trying to add a header and footer to my pages document, however I am not able to no matter how hard I try.

I have tried to create a section and make that the footer, and read almost every related article in the help menu.

Also - when I try to insert a section, the selection in the insert menu is grayed out.

I'm not sure if this will help, but my document has no text and is just tables where I need a header and footer for the 11 pages.

Thanks in advance,
    danando:apple:

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

The header and footer actually don't have to be "inserted", like Microsoft Word. Rather, they're already there, just waiting to be used. Simply hover the mouse cursor over where the header or footer would be, and the box for it will simply appear.

That's all there is to it. :)

3. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

First, show the layout (View > Show Layout) & you will be able to see the outline of where the headers & footers are. Then make sure they are not set to zero & unchecked in the document inspector.

Attached Files: