Pages won't open on new Retina Book.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mexico, Jul 14, 2012.

1. mexico macrumors member

Hey guys. So I just got my new Retina Macbook Pro yesterday. As soon as I got it I had time machine restore my applications and docs. Everything works fine except that I had to reinstall cs5, cinema 4d, and Ableton. Now when I try to open any of the iWork apps I get the following message:

"Pages cannot be opened because of a problem.

Check with the developer to make sure Pages works with this version of Mac OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and Mac OS X.

Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple."

So whats wrong here. Should I have used a different method for pulling my apps onto this laptop?

2. Anonymouse106 macrumors newbie

Time machine backup worked fine for me. Pages 09, Numbers 08, all working.

The only things I lost were non-Intel apps (coming from a snow leopard machine).

3. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

I think there is a bug, as I read a few posts about this. The solution involved an update, which fixed things.

Check software update and / or Google / forum search.

4. mexico thread starter macrumors member

One other bit of info: When I was reinstalling cs5 I thought I would move pages, numbers, and keynote out of the iWork folder. I know this causes problems sometimes so I made a new folder and put them back the problem still exists