Pages won't Update or work in Yosemite

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by harleymhs, Oct 20, 2014.

1. harleymhs macrumors 6502

Just did a clean install of iWork from my boxed set. After installing it wont update or work now and asks me every time to register.. Anyone know a fix or am I forced to buy it again for the new OSX? Thanks!!!!

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

For those of us who purchased iWork through the Mac App Store, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote were free updates. If you did not purchase your copies of iWork from the Mac App Store, then you should not expect to upgrade them via the Mac App Store.

3. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I know that there was a bit of confusion it the past, but I ran across this which seems to indicate that iWork 09 owners get the update for free. The link includes some fixes for the update bug.

If these instructions are still correct, it should be possible for people to pick up an old DVD of iWork 09, install it, and then upgrade... which is far cheaper than buying the latest version outright. I just bought an iWork 09 DVD (my iWork 09 came preloaded on my Mac but I wanted a DVD for safekeeping... $10 w/free shipping from a reputable eBay seller) Depending upon one's requirements, it might be better to stick with iWork '09.

4. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

This should definitely be possible

This should 100% be possible. I suggest keeping '09 around though. It has come in handy for me, so I keep the old versions on my TimeCapsule.
    If you can't make it work, the easiest fix is to write/call Apple. They'll add the Mac App Store version to your account if you prove you've bought iWork I'm sure.

5. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

My wife called apple care and all is good... iWork is all ok with Yosemite and we are using iWork 08 !! Thanks guys all is good..