Pages

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fitartist, Mar 21, 2012.

1. fitartist macrumors newbie

Hello. I am wondering where my Pages docs are saving too??? I am never prompted where to save or whether to save at all. When I close the program, I know it automatically saves the document I was working on, but I don't know where. If I want to open the document I can find it by opening the software and clicking at the bottom "open recent".
    Why can't I "save as" or choose the location of my SAVE.
    It allows me to EXPORT as a different file type to where ever I like.
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. GGJstudios, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Have you tried searching for the files in Finder? You don't see this in your menu?
    [​IMG]

3. fitartist thread starter macrumors newbie

I went to finder. It finds the docs that I exported. Not the PAGES file. I can open my pages file if I go to "open recent". But WHERE is it??? What happens if I creat 50 more PAGES docs and this doc is no longer in my "recent docs" It seems really disorganized to have files just saving where ever.
    I went into preferences. There is nothing for where my docs are saving to.

----------

My menu doesn't have a SAVE... option. Only SAVE A VERSION. And if I go there, it doesn't do anything. I don't know where it saves it to.

4. simsaladimbamba

Could they be saved to the Documents folder inside your home folder?
    What if you create a new Pages document and save it, is there no dialog window, where you can select a name and place where to store it?

5. chown33 macrumors 604

Does Lion still support "secondary-click on window title" to display a drop-down of the folder path leading to a document? Note: it must be ON the actual window title, not just in the title bar.

"Secondary-click" means right-click, or control-click, or whatever gesture you've set for the trackpad. It's the same gesture that would present a contextual menu if performed in the window's content area.

EDIT
    A command-click (command-key modifier + primary-click) should do the same thing.

6. fitartist thread starter macrumors newbie

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

8. fitartist thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks chown83. Yes. That did work. I can now move the file where I want it.
    :):):):)