Pages?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Afbar1114, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

First post here. I have the late 2011 macbook pro. I got it in Jan of this year. I would like to buy pages but should i wait until mountain lion comes out?

2. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

There is no reason to wait. It will not save you any money. I'm using Pages on Lion and it works fine. If Mountain Lion breaks the current version of Pages (and I don't believe it does) then Apple would update Pages to fix that problem before ML is released.

3. Afbar1114 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Will there be a pages 2012 anytime soon? knowing my luck i will buy it and a few days later 2012 will come out.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Pages doesn't get many updates. Whenever they do release a new version, like the rest of the iWork package, it's just stability fixes and very little of anything is actually new. I don't think they're going to make us buy it over and over anymore for that reason. It would have to have a whole fullscreen interface change to match the iPad to be beneficial for most to upgrade.

And no, I don't think they're doing a 2012. It's too late in the year for that, especially when the only announcements left this year is the iPhone and new iPods.

5. Afbar1114 thread starter macrumors 6502a

so whats the word just buy it today or wait another month untill ML comes out. i got a $100 Itunes GC when BBY had them on sale and they screwed up so they gave me another $15 off so i got a $100 GC for $70

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Well, considering you'll be wiping your machine again, I wouldn't buy anything until ML. Doesn't make sense to be loading new software when you're going to get rid of it in 4 weeks time.

7. Afbar1114 thread starter macrumors 6502a

that is true i was planing on do a fresh install of ML.