Pages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by painter2, Aug 21, 2007.

1. painter2 macrumors newbie

I'm having some trouble with Pages. Some of the text is being cut off when it's printed. It doesn't show on the monitor that it's cut off. What am I doing wrong?

2. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

Cut off at the side of the page I assume? I would first check the print settings for paper size and see if the printer settings themselves have their own margins because if it does, they could be further in than the margins within Pages. You may want to upload your file as well so we can get an idea.

3. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Make sure the paper type is selected correctly in Page Setup.

If it's a brochure and you can't change it, select print, then go into paper handling and scale paper into the size you want.

4. painter2 thread starter macrumors newbie

pages

Thanks for replying. In case this isn't threaded, my question was why is the text cut off when printed. It isn't a page size issue, it's the top of the text is cut off when printed. And it's not every line in a paragraph, it's random lines. I've gone into the line spacing in Inspector and put the whole paragraph setting to a certain number, ex. 1.1 So I don't know why it's doing this. Also, I've been changing the object placement to 'fixed on page' so I can move it where I want it.
    Thank you

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Try previewing the document before printing, or printing it to a PDF. If the problem persists, I'd blame the printer.

6. painter2 thread starter macrumors newbie

pages

yep, all of the previews look good. The printer you think?:eek:
    it's a pretty good one, hp 1610 all in one. But maybe that's it.
    Thanks

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Now try printing the PDF. Could be a glitch in the printer driver.