Pages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by philipt42, Jun 8, 2010.

1. philipt42 macrumors 6502

philipt42

WHY WHY WHY does pages not have an autosave?!

I just lost hours worth of work

I really am angry at apple right now. It's a BASIC feature of a word processor, and I wish I had gotten word instead. While we're on the subject, pages is not as intuitive as word, and the layout is not as logical. I should be over the learning curve with a year of use, and I still have not mastered it.

If anyone wishes to rant here, or even suggest software that will give me an autosave feature in pages feel free!

2. spice weasel macrumors 65816

I'm sorry you lost your work. That really does suck, and we've all been there at some point or another.

However, not saving after working on a document for hours? That was some serious user error there. I use Pages at home at Word at work, and I hit cmd+s/ctrl+s in each of them every couple of lines, out of habit.

As for Word being more intuitive than Pages, that's a personal choice. I much prefer Pages, but I can see how others might prefer Word.

3. philipt42 thread starter macrumors 6502

philipt42

Thanks for your sympathy:)
    Yeah, as you say, we've all been there before - I just forgot to press save. A rather unusual thing for me , but then again, Word has never crashed.

The terrible thing is, I want to like Pages so badly - I usually like any given apple program over any windows equivalent. Not this time. It is better only for a few things, in my opinion, and the rest of the time there's serious flaws - like no autosave.

Ah, well. I just need to rant a little. :mad:

4. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

ForeverSave Lite is a free utility that will autosave any applications on your Mac at specified intervals. Used to be EverSave.

5. philipt42 thread starter macrumors 6502

philipt42

Thank you , this could be exactly what I'm looking for!

6. TRUCRACKER macrumors 6502

TRUCRACKER

Yes, it should be included, but it's not. You should know by now to save every now and then when you're working on something.

7. steveoc macrumors regular

The full version is well worth the $15. The back up and versioning systems give another layer of protection. It lets you revert to earlier versions of a document.