paid full price for iP6 (TMob) to use on ATT (contract expired), but wonder its worth

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cub4bearin, Sep 13, 2014.

1. cub4bearin macrumors member

... So me and my significant other are on ATT Share Plan (6GB data, $80 service + $25 iPhone5 + $25 iPhone5s = $130 a month)

My contract ending tomorrow on my iPhone5, so I purchased FULL PRICE TMobile from apple.com.
    My partner has iPhone5s and contract will end October 2015.

Lets say TMobile iPhone6 is unlocked (from apple.com website) and I am going to start using it with my current out of contract ATT service.

When I split our service it is $65 a person. Doesn't this price have already included some part of $ amount for the iPhone5, I purchased subsides 2 yrs ago?

Would that mean that I am pretty much getting ripped off because I paid full price for brand new iP6 and on top of that I am on plan which already is charging me for my previous iP5?

Just trying find out whats the best option out there?

Also, if I go with ATT GoPhone then I will be paying $60 for the most expensive option and thats only $5 less than our share plan.. But Not sure if GoPhone charge taxes on top of the $60? also how often do I have to renew it (every month or every time I am low on account)?

any help welcome.. thank You!

2. ignar macrumors newbie

What you're paying currently ($25/phone) is actually a promo discounted price, and if you upgrade and renew the contract, you're supposed to pay $40/phone. By getting a full priced phone, you can stay with the current $25 plan. If I were you though, I will call AT&T and bump up the plan to 10GB one. 10GB plan costs $20 more per month, but the access charge for a phone drops from $25 to $15. So your total cost will stay the same while you have 4GB more data to spare.

3. ltb7 macrumors 6502

we are twins on contract end date!! what did you decide to do? i bought an iPhone 6+ on att next 12 but i am on an individual plan - still not sure what to do as i was told that if i bought iPhone 6+ i would be keeping the discount - the few times i've called, each time i was told a different thing, for example told i could NOT upgrade for 18 months, he said this a dozen times even though i kept saying i thought it was 12 months!!

you should def call retentions as you are off contract, i called just to figure out the fine print (did preorder of 6+ on apple next) and i had a really cool att rep who put me through to retentions who then gave me a $250 credit immediately and assured me i would get an additional $100 in OCT for choosing next, this is available to anyone who is new to next (made sure to have them put on my account notes + i took their info) - i have never rec'd a credit from them ever nor upgraded early so perhaps that is why - they also said everyone is rated from 1 to 4 and the 2.5 - 4 were top people and they would do more to keep those customers

i'm thinking i pay off the rest of phone when all credit come through and be back to having a bigger discount off of service......