Paint and WMM for mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lilmissae, Nov 12, 2007.

1. lilmissae macrumors newbie

I've tried tuxpaint, acorn and poster paint but each of them have slight faults.
    poster paint wont allow me to copy/paste and stretch the size of my sheet.
    tuxpaint is too kiddish, and even though it has tools like blurr and smudge that i like, i was unable to paste pictures that i wanted to edit.

I also was wondering if there was a simple program similar to Windows MovieMaker that i could use.. I'm beginning to understand iMovie, but you have to plug in your camera to use the video footage which is not what i want to do. I want to use videos that are already on my computer or are on a dvd (such as dark angel)

could anybody help me with these programs? I love my new MacBook but its a bit useless if i cant even make backgrounds for my desktop or collages of my friends.

thanks in advance to everyone that helps! :)

2. Zuplar macrumors regular

Zuplar

3. lilmissae thread starter macrumors newbie

wow this is probably the best one i have seen so far, i copy and pasted a photo though and onto a part of the photo showed on the page, because the photo was so big. is there a way i can reduce the size of what i am pasting? so that i can get the whole photo to fit onto my page?

thanks for the fast reply!

4. Zuplar macrumors regular

Zuplar

you know i really haven't messed with it. i wanted a program like you were describing, so i did some research and that is what i came up with. i haven't had my MacBook that long and really haven't needed to edit any pictures.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

GraphicConverter

You do? Since when?

6. Zuplar macrumors regular

Zuplar

i'm thinking he wanted something free.

7. lilmissae thread starter macrumors newbie

on the tutorial for iMovie it says that you first have to plug in your camera and iMovie will arrange all your video footage into short clips for you.

8. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Yeah, because that's what most people do.

You can drag and drop any movie that QuickTime can open into iMovie and edit it.

... yeah, that's all.

9. lilmissae thread starter macrumors newbie

so .mp4 should work, but when i drag it.. it doesn't stay there.. just goes flying back to where it's saved