Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ibtechsavvy

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Had to pay for an OOW replacement, I'm glad I did but in an effort to stop it from looking like my launch day iPhone (usual scratches along bezel etc). I've stopped using my favourite case, the spigen ultra thin air, but the anodization looks better and more "blue" so I'm wondering of the later production iPhone 5's or the refurbished ones have better paint jobs.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Same anodization. I saw no difference between my launch day 5 and replacement 5 right before the 5s debuted. All they did was fix the quality control issue where they allowed those with defective anodized coatings (which wore off prematurely) and those full of nicks and scratches made their way into retail boxes.

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Same anodization. I saw no difference between my launch day 5 and replacement 5 right before the 5s debuted. All they did was fix the quality control issue where they allowed those with defective anodized coatings (which wore off prematurely) and those full of nicks and scratches made their way into retail boxes.

got one today, gold iphone. had one tiny nick on the shiny edge....are they alll like that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.