Paint Color

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by taylorwilsdon, Jun 13, 2008.

1. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Years of wall and ceiling mounting things (tvs, projectors etc) have left some pretty serious battle damage on my walls, so I'm going to clean it up. I've used spackling and putty to fix most of the major holes but now I desperately need to re-paint. Plus, gross cream/beige just isn't cutting it for me.

During this year I've developed some pretty serious hypertension and I thought that a relaxing color might help my stress a little.

Some googling so far has revealed that green is supposedly the best, I'm not super sold on a pastel but some kind of light/soft green would be good I guess. Does anyone have ideas for a relaxing paint jobs?

2. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

I dig the way my house is painted.
    We have chair rail moulding around the house so it's painted as follows...
    [​IMG]

Oh, and my room is painted:
    [​IMG]

They're textured paints.
    The top is a suede type look and the bottom is a sand type look.

3. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I have a bright orange and I like to think it makes me wake up cheery. But if you have a hard time sleeping, especially if you need to sleep during the day, I wouldn't suggest it.

But definitely look into a mossy green. Just go to your local hardware store and check out color swaps, which ever one you like is really the best color for you.