Paint Shop Pro Paint Bucket Question

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by whitecoffee, Nov 24, 2009.

1. whitecoffee macrumors newbie

I need help. I google'd how to use the paint bucket in PSP because it doesn't seem to let me select it. It always fills up the whole canvas with my color or can't be selected it all. For instance I draw a circle with the pencil tool, the circle is still selected (adjustable) and paint bucket is grey, not selectable, as I pasted here:

[​IMG]

What do I do to color in shapes and other drawings?

[​IMG]

I want to color in all the parts of characters like this.

2. star-fish macrumors regular

You need to click the arrow tool, and then the paint bucket will become selectable because you're deactivating the circle you just did...PSP will assume you want to make further changes to your circle unless you do that (or click on another active tool).

To colour in separate areas, you'll need to use the Magic Wand tool or another tool that lets you select specific aspects of your image...just click and keep clicking as you move your mouse if you're doing it manually. If you're using the magic wand, just click in the area and hope it selects it properly.

If you've got Jasc Animation Shop packaged with your PSP, it's much easier to paste your image into that and use the paint bucket tool to fill in images easily.