Painter X Problems in Mac

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by thriii, Jun 3, 2007.

1. thriii macrumors 6502

I have a new Macbook Pro and I have a problem where my painter seems really glitchy.. heres a pic

[​IMG]

I'm able to see thru some windows like the color picker will disappear completely wh ere I can select colors and i can see the page under it.. any1 have any idea what could be causin this? is there a patch i need?
    Mac OS X 10.4.9
    Proc 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory 3GB
    200GB HD

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

That's a new one. :D Sometime watercolor strokes will also render with blocks around them.

Haven't seen any patches for Painter X yet, but I've had some luck in working around some watercolor problems by saving to RIFF and re-opening the document (not sure if quitting/restarting Painter in between would make a difference, can't hurt). You might see if that makes a difference for your bug.

[Edit: i also notice that you're using some kind of theme. Try ditching that if the problems persist. ]

3. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

it happens with all brushes which has me confused.. some part of the interface will just disappear and show whats in back of the part that disappeared:confused:

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Does it still happen with Shapeshifter or whatever that is disabled?

5. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

wow it doesnt.. is there anyway for shapeshifter to skin everything for painter?

6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Apparently Painter would need a custom kit, much like a few other apps. Not many people use Painter, so there probably won't be a solution for that unless you create your own. You might play with the exclude list (is it in shapeshifter or APE? I forget) to leave it off for Painter, if you still want the theme for other apps. Not sure how successful that would be, to have half-and-half; they insist over at Unsanity that it's some how "impossible" for their software to muck up the system, but, um, yeah.

7. ab.bboy macrumors newbie

Painter ?

which painter do u use? 8 9.1 9.5 or 10?

does anyone know where to get corel painter x for free?

8. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

This thread was about Painter X (that is, 10).
    It's 400 bucks, same as in town. Wacom tablets do come with a limited version called Painter Essentials though, plus a $50 or so discount off the full version if you want it.

9. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

UNO insist that their hack is even less likely than impossible to muck up the system but it crashed my iTunes even though another identical computer using the same UNO and iTunes did not. I had to install and uninstall UNO a few times, to confirm that it really was the culprit. Now I don't run any hacks at all. Except for cleardock. It's my only vice.

10. None Such macrumors 6502

I bought it off ebay for $25 plus shipping yesterday. I think the same guy is now selling if for $50 something with free shipping as a "buy it now" item.

11. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Have you installed the Corel Painter X patch yet?

Read about what the patch is for HERE