Painting a room: does this look nice?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Orange Furball, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

So I'm paining my bedroom this weekend, and I am trying to figure out a nice transition pattern and I think I like the "pixelated" look. Does this look good? Its orange and grey (gray?)

http://db.tt/5lr4Qgmd

I will have the same thing on the wall across from it, and I the left wall will be all orange, and right will be grey (or gray. I don't know the difference!)

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

^^^

Your link isn't working, might want to re-post with the pictures..:)

3. HunterG macrumors newbie

^^^

Just copy the link to your address bar.

You are the one who is going to be in the room, so it depends on what you want to live with. I like the color combination, but I personally wouldn't use the pattern. I would just have the walls all their own color. (One wall all gray, then the other all orange, without the pattern.) But that would be my preference.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Works now....VM are crapping around with my FIOS...re-booted my modem...I'm not sure about the colour...But I'm not a big fan of pastels..!

5. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

It's a cool design, but I doubt it will age well. What room is for? A bedroom? A child's room? It will also depend what furniture you have in the room. If it's just generic furniture you may want to consider a warmer colour.

Basically, it could work, but its not likely. I'd recommend you go with something more traditional.

6. Orange Furball thread starter macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Those aren't the final shades they were just what were in Keynote (yes I made it in Keynote)

I just don't want a plain wall I want some pattern...

7. Orange Furball thread starter macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Its for my bedroom. (I'm 16) only going to need it for 2 years minimum and I could change it quite easily. As for furniture its just a regular old bed, dresser, closet, and TV

8. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

Not sure about the downward diagonal border, but the colour scheme and general idea looks good to me (though I am a sucker for both orange/grey and pixelated designs).

9. Orange Furball thread starter macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Here are all of them

A) http://db.tt/5lr4Qgmd

B) http://db.tt/9yYMU9l7

C) http://db.tt/U14pdPDm

I'm leaning towards B, but please give me your top choice! Right now my room is camouflage, so any of these patterns are less busy than that.

Also, I apologize for the links. Tapatalk servers aren't working for me, so I can't upload pictures at the moment!

Thanks everyone!

10. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

I like B, but C is good too. I like orange and gray together but I'm not sure of how an all orange wall will look.

11. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

12. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Did you actually make it in Keynote... or did a Genius help you?

Back on topic. I like it kinda reminds me of minecradt.

13. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I'd say C. It's the least busy, but still has a design. I used to have a bright orange feature wall in my room when I was living at home, it's supposed to spark creativity. Maybe consider having a white and orange room rather than the grey and orange. Grey can be a very depressing colour.

Although I suppose if you can change it easily then go for it, there's no substitute for first hand experience to see if you like it. Also, from someone who used to work as a painter, make sure you do some test patches (big ones) because lighting has a huge effect on what colours will look like on a wall. My orange wall back home looked almost red at night with my rooms lighting.

14. MattAtlanta macrumors member

i think i like A the best (although they're all good).

15. 184550 Guest

I still like 'A' the best. IMO, the other two are overpowered by the amount of orange.

Either way, I think it will look great when finished.