Pair S3 watch with old phone, then 8 plus, or wait until 8 plus arrives first?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Treebark, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Treebark macrumors 6502

Treebark

Any issues with upgrading a phone after you pair a watch to it? I have both an 8 plus (from cell carrier) and an LTE watch (from Apple) arriving tomorrow.

Basically wondering if I need to play it safe and upgrading my phone to the 8 plus first, then pair the watch with the new phone. Or if the watch arrives first if it is ok to pair it to my existing iphone and then some ours later re-pair it to the new phone?

I know, such impatience. ;)

2. WhollySchmidt macrumors newbie

There aren’t any “issues”, but it takes a little while to unpair and re-pair to a new phone. Impatience would actually push me toward waiting for the new phone, or you’ll be frustrated to have to go through the slow process twice.

3. Treebark thread starter macrumors 6502

Treebark

Thank you, that is quite helpful. I had no idea if it was as fast pairing a bluetooth headset or more involved. Sounds more involved...think I'll wait for the 8 plus to arrive. Who knows, maybe I will luck out and it will get here first.

4. WhollySchmidt macrumors newbie

I can’t remember exactly how long it takes, I just remember thinking “Huh, for such a cool gadget, this is a pretty slow setup process”. It’s not some huge inconvenience, but no, it’s definitely not as fast as pairing a Bluetooth headset. :)