pairing aluminum wireless keyboard w/Windows XP (lenovo)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by panagug, Nov 23, 2007.

1. panagug macrumors newbie

hi folks and thanks for your assistance,

I'm having issues pairing my new Apple aluminum wireless keyboard w/my lenovo running XP.

Lenovo bluetooth driver asks for typing a key sequence but it doesn't show which one... has anyone seen this issue or know how to solve it?

thx

2. runebakken macrumors newbie

Same problem

I unfortunately have the same problem. (Apple WL-kbd on a Lenovo T61) [Why do I use an Apple WL kbd on an otherwise smashing IBM kbd? I need the WL functionality, and wanted to try a keyboard with equivalent quality.]
    Having read through a few posts about this problem it is not immediately clear what is happening, but the symptoms are similar to the above, in which the keyboard is discovered, but a pairing code never appears. Pushing enter without a code naturally results in error. Have changed my Bluetooth settings, but to no avail.
    Having used Apple products for quite some time, this is very disappointing, and I would hope/suggest that the Apple-team would take the time to respond to some of the problems faced when connecting to non-apple products. This is afterall nothing but a business case, in which Apple would certainly benefit from having drivers and solutions to 3rd party products and connected devices. The products I have used are superb, and it would only strengthen Apples position and perceived usefulness amongst the community.

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

To poster number 2, is there anything wrong with using something other than Apple's wireless keyboard? Sure it's bluetooth but if you don't understand that most likely Apple is going to optimize this to work with their own computers and Mac OS system then it might be a good idea to take a look at Microsoft's proprietary stuff that won't speak to Apple's equipment.