Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sanPietro98

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2008
28.416834,-81.581214
So I just upgraded to an iPhone 3G. I have been using the Apple Bluetooth headset and I like it. But now that the iPhone 3G doesn't fit into the Dual iPhone/Headset dock, how can I pair the headset to the new 3G?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

jlblodgett

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2008
You don't need the dock to pair the iPhone and the bluetooth headset.

If you go into Settings -> General -> Bluetooth
You will get a button for activating bluetooth on the phone.

The iPhone will then search for devices- and when it finds your Apple headset- you can pair the two up.

You just won't be able to dock them both in the same cradle anymore.

You should still be able to use the portable cable that came with the original Apple headset though-- it will charge both the iPhone and the headset simultaneously.

sanPietro98

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2008
28.416834,-81.581214
You don't need the dock to pair the iPhone and the bluetooth headset.

If you go into Settings -> General -> Bluetooth
You will get a button for activating bluetooth on the phone.

The iPhone will then search for devices- and when it finds your Apple headset- you can pair the two up.

Even if the headset is already paired with my "old" iPhone? When I tried this it couldn't find the headset.

You should still be able to use the portable cable that came with the original Apple headset though-- it will charge both the iPhone and the headset simultaneously.

:( I know. The root problem is that the cable/mini-dock that came with the headset is faulty. It won't charge the iPhone nor the headset.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.