pairing apple care with your mac after a year

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MicahFreak82, Jul 23, 2008.

1. MicahFreak82 macrumors member

I wanted to know if anyone has successful pnd apple and was able to pair their apple care with their mac after the 1 year warranty that comes with your mac. See what happened is that I bought my mac from COMPUSA, not a good idea in retrospect but since they have gone out of business their warranty program blows. So I got an apple care but got it after the one year period. Is there any way to convince apple to fix my computer for free even though i am past the warranty period.

2. chscag macrumors 68000

None. I feel for you about CompUSA - lots of folks have been taken to the cleaners for purchasing CompUSA extended warranties not knowing they were going out business.

Regards.

3. f1 macrumors 6502

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I bought a Mac at CompUSA, kept trying to walk out of the business section without buying AppleCare -- waited until they finally tossed in a deal on that in addition to the memory.

Sort of sucks that you have to go directly through Assurant to get service, but they might have a local drop off besides the old closed CompUSA

Edit: watch it'll be somebody even worse like Circuit City.

5. dethl macrumors regular

Any APPs purchased after the one year period will NOT be activated by Apple. Sorry.

As for getting your computer fixed - find out if your issue is covered even if out of warranty (there are a number of issues with the Macbook that ARE covered even if you're out of warranty). A simple quick call to AppleCare can easily find this out.

6. MicahFreak82 thread starter macrumors member

yea so I live in Hawaii so I really don't have a drop off location any place near. I have gotten my macbook replaced already but there is something else wrong with the logic board that apple has already diagnosed but every time i sent it to the repair center they come up with nothing. it is really starting to irritate me.
    anyways what things from apple are covered outside the extended warranty. i have already had the crack replaced outside the warrenty, but what else? so i can go and have them fix as much as i can.

7. dethl macrumors regular

That unfortunately goes beyond my NDA that I believe I am still under (I no longer work as a Technical Support Rep). As I said - just give AppleCare a call and see what they can do.