Pairing Apple Watch with Car

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by eekcat, Apr 27, 2015.

1. eekcat macrumors 6502a

Has anyone paired their apple watch with their car yet? I tried to do so this morning, and was unsuccessful - not sure why. My car is capable of pairing to two different bluetooth devices at once (1 for phone+media, 1 for phone only).

There's not really a great reason that I can think of for doing this other than being able to answer a call from my watch and have it go through the car's mic/speakers.

The devices seem to be able to see each other, but they won't pair. Has anyone tried and been successful?

2. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

Unless your car is an iPhone, I don't think it will work.

3. eekcat thread starter macrumors 6502a

The menu option is there for the to pair, ostensibly with a headset, which is really all the car is acting as. It's probably pointless, since my phone is in my car and paired anyway, but just wondering...

4. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

If that were the case, wouldn't you just pair the car with the phone as it would need to be present to take calls from the watch anyway?

5. newagemac macrumors 68020

We have Carplay in our car. My wife was able to control the car music with her Apple Watch. Of course this is because Carplay works through your iPhone. Since the Apple Watch can control the iPhone's music, it controls Carplay as well.

However, there is a setting to play music from the Watch itself. I'm not sure if you can still make it play through your car with that option because she hasn't loaded any music yet.

6. chrysee macrumors member

chrysee

I use CarPlay as well but haven't gotten my watch yet. Have you noticed any other effects? Like with navigation or notifications?