Pairing issues (again)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TouchMint.com, Jun 20, 2015.

1. TouchMint.com macrumors 68000

TouchMint.com

so for the second time my watch is unable to pair to my phone ive tried restarting both of them and turning airplane / bluetooth off and it still wont fix it. The only thing that was able to fix it last time was totally restoring the watch (which is a real pain in the ass). Does anyone know if there is an easier way to repair? it actually says my watch is paired on my iphone but my watch shows a red phone with slash through it at the top and cannot see my phone. This happend after not using the watch for a few days.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If you have not used you watch Ina few days, try turning off BT and then turning it back on so your iPhone starts looking for your watch again. Just a thought.

3. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I know you said you tried it already but this has happened to me a few times and I've always fixed it by putting both the watch and my iPhone into airplane mode.
    Then I switch airplane mode off on the phone first, then on the watch. Works every time for me.

Not that that's constructive if you've tried it. Unless maybe it's the sequence you do it in that helps.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

This pairing problem is strange. Not many others reporting this, if any.

5. jannette macrumors 6502

I have had it big time! I was getting no notifications, ping was silent as was playing music.
    I chatted with Apple on line and, after trying various things, she said we would unpair and repair. No way would the watch repair....I would get so far and then it would get stuck in a never ending loop of pairing for a few seconds and then saying it was not paired!

Eventually a senior advisor called me and said she thought I might have a faulty watch but to try one more thing. Re-set my phone and install a clean copy of IOS 8.3. Then try to pair...it worked and everything is working fine....better than before.

The advisor said something must have been corrupt on my phone. It was time consuming but worth it

6. TouchMint.com thread starter macrumors 68000

TouchMint.com

Yea I guess I will just have to deal with resetting my watch whenever this happens because I have tried all of the above and really the only thing that fixes it is totally resetting the watch.

I do think its the watch because when im having this problem other iphones cant even see the watch which is weird.

7. Ries macrumors 68000

Something is wrong with bluetooth on the iPhone 6 and iOS 8.3. My bluetooth headset won't pair sometimes. Turning bluetooth off/on on the phone fixes it for a while.

8. dcnoonkester macrumors newbie

dcnoonkester

Just signed up - going to try the airplane mode trick...and the software reinstall if need be...but, I just put this on the support page at Apple;

We went on vacation for a week and did not take the Apple Watch. When we returned home, the Watch was no longer paired with the iPhone 6 Plus.

-rebooted both the watch, the phone and even the wifi in the house several times.

-removed the otter box from the phone.

-checked Bluetooth on the phone. Checked Bluetooth on the watch (the watch is stuck in SEARCHING).

-the watch keeps asking for the passcode. An error message pops up occasionally, stating iCloud password needs to be entered on phone. Did multiple times - phone shows connected with iCloud. Last time, phone stated there was an error at the Apple server - password could not be verified. Apple ID and iCloud are connected on phone.

-synced the phone with iTunes. 3 GB of free space on phone.

-no "i" icon on watch to do it manually. Watch not listed as available to connect on phone.

-attempted in several rooms - no other Bluetooth items near the devices.

-phone does not see watch at all in pair mode.

-tried with charger on and charger off the watch.

-both seem to be operating correctly...they just won't pair.

-no new updates to the phone since the two were paired

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3, Apple Watch (not Sport or Edition)

9. dcnoonkester macrumors newbie

dcnoonkester

The airplane mode trick did not work

10. dcnoonkester macrumors newbie

dcnoonkester