Pairing Magic Mouse with MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MauerFan, Aug 24, 2012.

1. MauerFan macrumors regular

I'm picking up a 15" mbp for college tomorrow and I'm thinking about pairing it with the magic mouse. I'd probably got the magic mouse charger as well. Thoughts on this? Personally I'd love a mouse, but the trackpad seems really nice in itself.

2. simsaladimbamba

If your question is, if it is possible, then yes, it is. I have that same mouse, and paired it successfully with a 2007 iMac and 2009 MBP, though stopped using it due to its small size and uncomfortable shape for longer mouse usage.

Also take a look at BetterTouchTool for gesture customisation.

3. MauerFan thread starter macrumors regular

I guess I mean does it make sense to do get. I suppose it's more of a personal preference, if anything.

4. simsaladimbamba

Ah, since you wrote in the past tense ("got") I thought you already have that thing.
    It really is up to you, I find the mouse uncomfortable, as I do with every Apple mouse (and I even used a puck once or twice), but then again, I have big hands and like my mice ergonomically formed. I have a Logitech and Microsoft (Comfort 6000 or so) mouse (they do know how to build those) and I quite like them. But then again, I also prefer my mice wired.

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search or MRoogle to find similar threads while you wait for more answers:
    [​IMG]