Pairing my cellphone by bluetooth to my mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by slimjim, Oct 18, 2007.

1. slimjim macrumors newbie

Ok I did everything it said to pair used the wizard and it picks up my phone and everything i put the code in and bam it says its connected but the icon on my phone shows nothing that the bluetooth is connected to anything and in the bluetooth preferences under devices it says paired: yes configured: yes favorites: yes connected: no serial port: yes i don't get it. Im trying to get it to connect so i can use bitpim. The funny thing is it connects no problem when i ran bitpim on my windows partition. Anyone have any input? My phone is LG 8300 Verizon. but like i said it worked on the windows so i know the phone is not the problem.

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

I wish I could get as far as you have! I have an LG VX9900 that I am trying to pair with BitPim either by bluetooth or cable, and it cannot be recognized! It is on the supported list and all, but BitPim just cannot connect. Any ideas what I am missing? I have followed the instructions, but no go! ARGHHH!

3. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

I was under the impression that Verizon cripped their phones firmware (including bluetooth) so that it can't do anything but the most basic things. Are you sure this is supposed to work in the first place?

4. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

You cant use the cable. Crappy verizon has no drivers for a mac. So you haveto go the bluetooth route.

I just got this working the other day. First i paired it with my imac, and made sure its atleast recognized by my computer. Then i go into bitpim and under settings set my phone (lg vx8700). Then i went to select the bluetooth port. It kept giving me this phone not found error. but after about an hour i realized that my phone was detected but it wasnt saying it was (i know its kinda confusing). I proceeded to add ringtones and videos and pics! (Btw bluetooth-ing a video is sooo faster than a cable!). :)

5. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

Woot! I just discovered i can send pics using the default mac "send file" way! I dont even haveto go to Bitpim!

^^Thats for both my 9900 and 8700 :D

6. jkatzmd macrumors newbie

LG vx5400

Try as I might, I can not get Bitpim to recognize my phone. It shows up in the comm port (BTDIAG-1) but the phone is never detected. It connects with my iMac g5 (10.4) but I can't send files or even vCards. Any suggestions?:confused: