Pairing watch to iPhone 6s Plus iOS 9.02

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by doxielover, Sep 24, 2016.

1. doxielover macrumors 6502a

doxielover

I have an iPhone 6s Plus on 9.02 in case I ever want to JB. I picked up a new Apple Watch Ist gen for a great price. It won't let me pair without updating to iOS 10. Is there anyway around this? I really wanted to stay on iOS 9.02 now I don't know what to do.

2. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

My guess is probably not, if the watch is wOS 3. iOS 10 and wOS3 were kind of released as a package deal, so I suspect that they are co-dependent.

3. doxielover thread starter macrumors 6502a

doxielover

It's is the old series 0 but the watch is new. Is it worth updating to 10? My iPad Air 2 is on 9.02 and is JB I for sure don't want to update it but don't know if it would clash if I update the phone to 10.

4. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

I really like iOS 10. iMessage is tons of fun. And, there are many subtle UI tweaks that smooth the entire experience. And, the fact you can delete the crap Apple apps makes 10 worth it if they changed nothing else. I have not done a JB since iPhone 3, so I upgrade to every iOS the moment they are released. I don't think your phone would care if it is 10 and the iPad is 9. There is not much that moves between the two.

5. doxielover thread starter macrumors 6502a

doxielover

Ok thanks. Mostly phone messages including from androids users will come through iPad and I was worried about that. I was hoping to keep it on 9.0.2 I just hope the Apple Watch makes it worth upgrading.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I just got my wife an SS gen 1 Watch as well. It was on 1.0.1 out of the box but wouldn't do squat except on an iOS 10 device.

I think when it checks apple's servers it basically forces being updated when you are on a brand new pairing. I could be wrong here but we couldn't get it to do anything without updating.

The issue may also be that 1.0.1 came out with iOS 8 and so iOS 9 is requiring a higher version. But then the version Apple is signing is 3.0 which requires ios10.

7. doxielover thread starter macrumors 6502a

doxielover

What did she think of iOS 10? How did she know what version she had I can't get past the need to update screen.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

She doesn't mind 10. She actually has an iPhone 7 but we were trying to run the update in my sons phone since it takes AGES. She had to leave the house and thenukdate was just a giant pain. So I ended up updating to 10 on his phone and running the update.

The way I knew the Watch was on 1.0.1 is because there was an error stating "your Watch software is up to dat. 1.0.1".

Generally don't have trouble with Apple software but this one was a headache.