Palm Centro?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by monstergirly, Oct 22, 2007.

1. monstergirly macrumors newbie

monstergirly

I’m not quite ready to splurge on an iPhone, but I would like my next gadget to be a smartphone. Currently I have an old RAZR and a Palm Zire 72, which if “combined” would logically lead me to getting some sort of Palm device. I don’t want a Blackberry. I have several Palm applications that I use on a regular basis that are not available for BB, not to mention the fact that I kind of hate the scrolling, OS & GUI on them…

Has anyone gotten a Centro yet? If so, how is it?

It looks like the exclusive with Sprint is only for 90 days… I hope they offer unlocked ones or have it with other providers after that... I have T-Mobile now and their service has never given me any trouble but their phone selection just doesn't grab me...

Anyway, just thought I would ask!

2. vga4life macrumors 6502

The Centro is great. Combine it with a SERO plan for cheap smartphone good times. EVDO is fast enough I no longer care about wifi and the built in apps are good - ptunes isn't an ipod, interface-wise, but ipods can't stream any radio station on the internet.

3. Cerebrum macrumors regular

Cerebrum

It's a decent phone, but I think it's just too small for me. It's been too...how to put this...teenage-ized.

4. jade macrumors 6502

Love my Centro. It is a great size..since it puts the phone first in smartphone. i like the iPhone, almost but it is way too wide and feels more like a PDA (same with the Razr). The Centro has a mini-width that makes it easy to hold as a phone, and a good enough keyboard that I find really easy to type on. In fact my type speed is excellent after a few days...only learning the symbol keys and caps lock, everything else it great. i vote for Centro, since it is cute and well featured.