Palm Desktop/Hot Sync Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CJRhoades, Mar 3, 2008.

1. CJRhoades macrumors 6502

I recently dug up my old Treo 270 and thought it would be a good idea to get it running again. Of course the battery was dead and all of my apps we're wiped but I found a few new ones online that I wanted to install. So, I downloaded palm desktop 4.0 for mac and tried to install it on my TiBook running Tiger. About 90% of it completes before it just says the installation failed. If gives me the option to quit or to retry. If I hit retry it fails again. I tried restarting but it did no good. So, I go to the apps folder and find palm sitting in there. I open it and then try to open palm desktop and it opens fine. I think "Great! Now I'll be able to sync stuff!" But is that ever how it really happens? I try to open hot sync manager and it says there is a shared library error and it closes. Great. I have palm desktop but what good is that without the sync software.... Can anybody help with this?

Thanks.

2. icoffee macrumors regular

Not sure if you're running Leopard or Tiger...been a year since I ran using Palm sync. I'd probably try it on the G4 under Tiger. Not sure if its Leopard compatible and universal.

3. CJRhoades thread starter macrumors 6502

It says in my origninal post that it's on Tiger. I downloaded version 4.2 and it installs. The Palm website says that 4.2 isn't compatible with my Treo 270 but it seems to be working so far (liars:rolleyes:).

I'm thinking about buying a 700 though. The 270's battery only lasts about 15 hours standby and 30 minutes talking.