Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac1947

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
NY
My dear Family,

I just a got new MBP & I ordered the Speck through Satin Case & Moshi Keyboard Guard., I am confused whether I need to buy the Palm Guard, Track Guard., & the Sleeve. I feel like that I can manage with Laptop bag itself.

Is these three things must - Palm Guard, Track Guard & Sleeve.

As you are experts in this field, please give me your suggestions.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Mac1947

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
I'm no expert, but I would say the level of protection my MacBook Pro receives is a little bit more than most.

I use a Speck Satin Hard Shell (although, I would get an Incase if I had to do it again); a Tom Bihn Brain Cell (sleeve) (my thoughts here); an iSkin Pro Touch keyboard cover and a Radtech ScreenSavrz.

I've never liked the feel of the Palm Guards, however TwelveSouth has a leather one that is nice. If I wore a watch or cufflinks daily (or a hard bracelet), I'd probably get one, but not wearing any of those - I see no need. The keyboard cover is something that I am a really large fan of and I do know from experience that if you get a keyboard cover, you should probably get something to put over it as the oil from it stained one of my screens.

I would just wait and see if I were you, it won't hurt and will likely save you some money. Also do some adequate research (these forums are a great place for that) - you will learn things like neoprene sleeves don't protect from really anything, besides scratching.

mac1947

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
NY
Thanks!

Thanks for your suggestions., I got Speck through Satin Case & Moshi Keyboard Protector, still hunting for Track Guard & Palm Guard.

icec0ld

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2006
get the moshi palmguard. i've bought one for my last 2 macbook pros and my current macbook. i love the feel of it. it also comes with the trackguard and i've used it in the past but it came off within a week everytime i tried it. since the new trackpads are glass, i'm even less worried of wear and tear on them.

Alonzo84

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2009
North Carolina
The keyboard cover is something that I am a really large fan of and I do know from experience that if you get a keyboard cover, you should probably get something to put over it as the oil from it stained one of my screens.

Are you referring to the Moshi keyboard skin or keyboard skins in general? I thought they still left enough of a gap to not touch the screen. And has anyone considered or is already using the Bodyguardz skin set? They seem very nice but all the solvent required to apply them worries me. It seems that the liquid would damage the machine. I was also looking at the Speck see thru hard case that the OP mentioned, but I read that it scratches the case when you snap it on and off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.