Palm Pre Claims Wrong?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by dant19, Jul 20, 2009.

1. dant19 macrumors member

Evening All,

This may be the product of a long day at work, so please forgive me if this observation is incorrect.

The Palm Pre is supposidly capable of running multiple apps at the same time, unlike the iPhone. Well I say, its not actually that different to the iPhone in terms of "multi tasking". Granted, it can multi-task more obviously than the iphone, but what is it actually multi-tasking?

Arent all of the apps used on the pre (that are made by 3rd party's, web based? As such, its, in essence, displaying a web page is it not? Granted, quite a powerful one, but a web page none the less.

Well, the iPhone can display 8 web pages?

I agree, the pre's "apps" can do more than safaris web pages, but surely this suggests the iPhone isn't all that far behind the Pre? And anyway, all of the Apple "apps", clock, messages, email etc. do opperate in the background. And most of the native apps on the pre are made by palm.

As I say, it has been a long day, so feel free to rip this apart. But with all the claims that the iPhone was so far behind the pre in terms of application handling (slight exageration, but you get the idea), when in fact, its not.

Am I onto something, or am I literally talking a load of BS? (I wouldnt be suprised if it was the latter!!).

Dan

Disclamer: I have only used the pre as an emulator, so be kind!! :D

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

there is no need to argue what it is or what it is not.

Normal people with hands and eyes can just try for themselves, and they can decide what it is, what it is not.

I love people "thinking differently", but when thinking differently ALWAYS comes through as an apology for apple, it feels more and more as sore grapes.