Palm Pre Commercial

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaGreat01, Jul 14, 2009.

1. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

I'm watching the allstar game and this palm pre commercial came on talking about it's multitasking. Then it says something about saving $1200 over the iPhone plan lol. And at the end they top it off with them saying that they have 4G.

Does the palm pre even support the 4G network?

2. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I'm not sure if it does, but Sprint is not 4G despite their claims. They are the worst American network by far.

3. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Yes, Sprint has the beginnings of a 4G WiMAX network (although rumors say they might drop/augment it for/with LTE).

No, the Pre doesn't use 4G.

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

That's probably based off the same display ad I saw here a few weeks ago. I think the $1200 claim is based on if you get unlimited SMS (free with Pre, $20/mo with iPhone) and I guess use the unlimited voice plans. It's basically one of those BS ads to fool the utterly stupid since most users don't spend $1,200 on cell phone service to begin with. If you do like me with the 450 minutes, data plan, and 200 SMS, that's $80/month. That's $960/year.

Sprint has 4G via Clear, but it's in all of three cities. The Pre has no 4G. Considering I got a 3G speed of about 250k in the Mall of Georgia, I think better 3G speeds would be easier and more useful than 4G service.

5. DaGreat01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Mall of GA:eek::p lol. That's my closet apple store lol. It's about 8 mins from my house lol. Yup full bars and 3G in there all the time.

I just thought it's was funny that they threw in the 4G thing in there to mislead people.

6. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Never had a problem with Sprint when I was with them. I knew of some who had problems but never seemed more than what I've seen with other companies.

7. calivtown macrumors newbie

Sprint is comparing an unlimited plan from the iphone which will save you $1200 for 2 years or $600/yr

Sprint everything unlimited plan only cost you $99.99. Includes unlimited minutes, unlimited data, unlimited text(sms)/mms, unlimited turn by turn gps, unlimited live tv

Iphone plan $99.99 just for voice + $20.00 for unlimited texts + $30.00 for unlimited data = $150.00. That's $50.00 more per month

Sprint has a similar plan. 450min, unlimited n/w @7pm, unlimited data (internet), unlimited texts(sms) & mms, mobile to mobile, unlimited use of turn by turn gps, unlimited live tv for 70.00. That's $840/year

Similar iphone plan cost 79.99. NOT including turn by turn GPS, NO unlimited minutes at 7pm and NO unlimited text(sms)/MMS!!!

If this is hard to believe, Check sprint.com

And yes they're the First and only carrier to carry 4g network in only 3 cities so far. ATT, Verizon, Tmobile = 0 so far. 4g network is for mobile broadband cards for now. Pre is not 4g but sprint making 4g phones in the works.

8. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

Actually...they have the BEST *DATA* network. But thats where it ends.

9. chdwil macrumors regular

I would choose Sprint over At&t in a instant if Sprint offered the iPhone.

10. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Good service really depends on where you are, but even in DC the service is bad. I dropped Sprint three years ago due to horrible service.

11. calivtown macrumors newbie

I agree!!! even pc world said sprint is the most reliable 3g network! look it up

12. calivtown macrumors newbie

Well said! Palm pre aint that bad.

13. Smrtphoneaddict macrumors member

Sprint does have the best data network but I also get a lot of dropped calls. Sprint had horrible customer service but I have seen an improvement lately. Sprint isn't as bad as people think I just wish they would drop WiMAX and pick up LTE for 4G.

14. KSUWizard macrumors member

Ya, the 4G network is only in a few cities and is Data only, no voice. Mainly used for laptop/netbook connections and such. There phone plan with the pre is the $99/month unlimited plan which includes unlimited voice/data/text. All that on ATT with iPhone is well over $100. Sprint has been in a desperation for a long time now and they currently have the best phone rates because of it.