Palm Pre Plus vs iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goldinboy17, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I've been really inclined to get the Palm Pre Plus after the reception issues with the iPhone 4. I know some may say it's not a HUGE deal, but reception can be spotty here as it is. The Palm Pre Plus looks amazing, but I'm just not sure if the phone is really, really good. Do any of you have any experience with one? Thanks.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. abercrombie macrumors regular

abercrombie

4. iObama macrumors 6502

iObama

It's awesome. My dad just got one two weeks ago and loves it. (And I find myself using it every time I go to my parents' house :D)

5. Goldinboy17 thread starter macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Thanks a lot. I guess I can try it out and if it doesn't work out, crawl back to Apple.

6. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    There are a lot of WebOS fans around here. Even Apple has hired back a few of its designers to help with the iPhone.

Its pros are a wonderfully intuitive multitasking UI, a terrific notification system, nice integration of mail, social items, etc... and it's just fun to use.

Its cons right now are: smaller screen than most newer phones, slower hardware than newer phones, and far fewer apps.

If Palm uses HP money to create a state-of-the-art hardware platform, WebOS will get another chance to shine.

My main advice if you do try the Pre is this: realize that it might take a few days to get into the swing of a new OS/UI paradigm. Don't give up. Do read WebOS forums for beginner tips. (This is true for all phones.)

Personally, I like the Pixi better, even with its smaller screen. No need to slide the keyboard up/down, and it's incredibly slim.

Good luck, whatever!

7. omizzle macrumors regular