Palm Pre Theme

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dccorona, Jun 6, 2009.

1. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

With all this buzz about the Palm Pre, I figured I'd post this link I discovered
    It's a palm pre theme for use with winterboard

the screenshot looks nice
    very shiny

http://www.jamesmeister.com/icons.php

*THIS IS NOT MY THEME. I AM IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH IT, ITS CREATOR, OR THE SITE I AM LINKING TO*

just thought you guys might be interested

devs, if this violates anything then go ahead and remove it, and my bad

2. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

That's like having a Blackberry Storm theme on your iPhone...

3. dccorona thread starter macrumors 68020

dccorona

I had one of those once
    it looked nice too

i dont jailbreak anymore, as 3.0 gives me what i need (except for winterboard, which doesnt serve a purpose anyway except to significantly slow down the phone)

4. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Strange, Winterboard doesn't significantly slow down my iPhone. I'll still jailbreak so that I can customize my phone once the tools are updated for 3.0. :)

5. dccorona thread starter macrumors 68020

dccorona

what theme do you use?
    i had one that skinned absolutely everything
    not a single piece of the ui was left the same...even the mail app was skinned
    it also took away the popup on the keyboard and replaced it with a blue glow

the more of the UI it skins, the slower it runs
    and also, the more things you have in winterboard but not active, the slower it runs (i have no idea why, but thats what ive read. and removing things from winterboard sped things up, or maybe i was just losing my mind, who knows)

but if you have an app like freememory, look in it
    winterboard eats up your memory when its active

the one thing id jailbreak for is if someone could figure out how to rework the notifications so they show up like on a pre (because, for some reason, i fell in love with that notifications system. so discreet)

6. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

Let me guess, on the 3G? everyone who complains about WB has a 3G and everyone who says 'dont be ridiculous, WB doesn't slow my phone down at all' has a 3Gs. On my 3GS WB does eat up a fair amount of Memory with a full UI theme like you described but still doesn't effect the day to day running speeds of apps.

have you seen/tried GriP. A very unobtrusive notification system and it can be themed

7. heskey627 macrumors newbie

The skins here are really beautiful. But can i get the matching wallpaper too, if yes then from where? I really wanna change the outlook of my palm pre. Please do suggest me.

Palm pre skins