Palm Rejection on the 2016 rMBP - feedback pls

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by itsamacthing, Dec 5, 2016.

1. itsamacthing macrumors 6502a

Aside from the battery and graphics issues, how is the Palm Rejection while typing? It's HORRIBLE on my 2016 MacBook. That enormous trackpad looks like it would catch my palm and send my letters all over the place.

Thanks for the feedback.

2. bluush macrumors 6502

I've had no problems with typing whatsoever on my 13" nTB, and I fire off nearly 50 decent length emails a day

3. blairian89 macrumors 6502

blairian89

I have not had any issues with palm rejection on my 15"...at least not any that I have seen at this time.

4. chabig macrumors 68040

I have not had any problems at all, but my typing posture is good so my palms aren't near the trackpad when I type.

5. ManuCH macrumors 6502

No problems at all on my 15", and I am one of those people using the wrong typing posture where my hands rest on the trackpad all the time. Works with dry hands, sweaty hands, you name it - zero issues.

6. Lusmo macrumors newbie

Lusmo

It's working pretty well for me. I could rest a third of my palm on the left side of the track pad, while using it with my right hand without issues, including gestures. It didn't work with BetterTouchTool enabled initially, but now it works flawlessly again with a software update.

No reason to be concerned in my opinion.