Palm rest coming apart,how to fix it ?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Webb, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Webb macrumors regular

Webb

How can I fix this without opening the MacBook ? Maybe super glue or something ?

[​IMG]

Thank you

2. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

contact apple, the palm rests coming apart is a known problem, they should repair it for free ;)

3. Webb thread starter macrumors regular

Webb

Yeah I did that and they asked me for my Applecare,which I don't have.:confused:

4. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

you shouldnt need applecare, i sent a macbook in with the same problem with no applecare and they replaced the case :S

Cnet news article

5. Webb thread starter macrumors regular

Webb

6. icec0ld macrumors member

just set up an appointment with the genius bar at the nearest apple store. they will replace it for free. regardless of warranty status

7. TheRenfro macrumors newbie

This is a recurring problem with the Non-Unibody MacBooks, and Apple covers this even if you MacBook is out of warranty. The same thing happened to mine about 2 months ago, and I only had to pay labor costs. I live about 2 hours from an Apple Store so I had to take mine to an Apple Service Provider, they covered the part and I just paid for labor. I'm not for sure if Apple Store's charge for labor but I know Service Providers do.

If you're like me and don't live close to an Apple Store and don't know where a Service Provider might be, here is a link to find one.

apple.com/buy/locator/service/

8. Webb thread starter macrumors regular

Webb

I work 5 minutes walk from one.How long does it take to fix it ? Average ?

Thank you

9. polotska macrumors 6502

I've almost always had shorter turnaround time on repairs by sending the machine in, even counting shipping time in both directions; my last three Apple notebook repairs each took 3 days.

I don't think I've ever had a repair done at an Apple Store that was ready in 3 days.

10. Webb thread starter macrumors regular

Webb

I would rather take it to a store that they can fix on the spot.

Thank you

11. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Some stores carry parts, I had to wait 3 days for mine. Not a big issue though as it was free :)