Palm rest cover for macbook...best one?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by detz, Nov 12, 2008.

1. detz macrumors 65816

I have the one I purchased from the Apple store for $20 which is ridiculous and now it's all nasty and dirty after three months. So, I need a new one, does anyone have any recommendations possibly not $20 for a thin piece of nylon? This one is a "Marware"

2. Daveecee macrumors regular

3. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Moshi is the best. Do a search on here and you will find many other posters have them and love them. Great products and great company. My blends in with my Blackbook perfectly.

http://www.moshimonde.com/palmguard.htm

4. detz thread starter macrumors 65816

Are they all $20, seems pretty high. :-( Do they sell these in stores or online online?

5. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I think $20 is very fair for the quality of this one. My friend has had his for 2 1/2 years and no problems. Looks almost new. That is worth it alone.

I bought my online. I have never seen them in stores, but I never looked for that so maybe they do. I received mine from Moshi in 4 days. You can't beat it.

6. detz thread starter macrumors 65816

7. bluesTank macrumors regular

Are there any palm rests that raise the surface of the palm rest slightly (around 1-3 mm) so that the display doesn't hit the keys when closed??

8. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Wash them? Explain. I sometimes put a small amount of water on a towel and wipe it clean. It stays pretty clean most of the time, but if it gets oily it takes about 5 seconds to wipe clean.